Have X always display only on VGA output?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Nov 28 22:01:09 PST 2013

El día Thursday, November 28, 2013 a las 09:37:54PM -0800, Sandeep escribió:

> So, once I log in with my password, KDE correctly displays on the external
> monitor and all is good. However, the KDM login screen is only shown on the
> laptop screen (which I cannot see). I want KDM login screen to show up on
> the external monitor as well. Also, it would be nice to have this work
> regardless pf which login/display manager and desktop environment I use.
>
> So, I want to configure X so that the picture is always shown on the
> external monitor. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Maybe you could use something like this command (ofc with the values of
your hardware):

xrandr --output LVDS --off
xrandr --output VGA --primary --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.0 --right-of LVDS

I don't know how to fire this up before KDM grabs the screen (I'm using
the startx command and ~/.xinitrc to bring KDE up after login into an
alpha screen).

HIH

	matthias
--