Have X always display only on VGA output?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:03:34 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Sandeep <sandy.8925 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I want to configure X so that the picture is always shown on the
> external monitor. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Every laptop I've used has either:

a. A BIOS (CMOS Setup) setting allowing to change output to either one of
three options: 1. LCD 2. Vga 3. Dual, or
b. A keyboard Hotkey (usually Function key (Fn) followed by something else)
that switches between the output modes (LCD/VGA/Both).

Look in the keyboard for a key inscription (usually in the color of the Fn
key) that shows two squares or rectangles, separated by a diagonal line.

See here
http://sewelldirect.com/images/ForArticles/Laptop_Output1.JPG

Often, this mode "sticks" between reboots (ie if you don't hit the hotkey
again, it will be stored somewhere in CMOS nonvolatile memory and will
remain as you left it, even between reboots and power downs).

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell