How complex would be to recode Xorg so it allow Me to use Unix sockets instead of TCP/IP sockets

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 29 18:40:24 UTC 2020

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel, le mer. 29 avril 2020 20:30:36 +0200, a ecrit:
> I AM using The following command.
>
> x11vnc -display :0 -bg -nopw -listen localhost -xkb -forever -ncache 10
> -noshm

>From reading the rest of your mail I realize you are not wondering about
security, but about performance.

> Tigervnc do not want to support XKB properly, so Orca do not work.

That's a completely different question than unix/localhost sockets.

> Somebody has told me, that using Xinit XOrg and X11vnc is not
> effective.

That's indeed not the cheapest toolchain. But I believe we are in an XY
problem here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_problem). What is your
*actual* goal? AIUI you want to run a desktop with Orca, i.e. you don't
care about the actual screen rendering, but you need to type on the
keyboard. How do you run vncviewer to connect to x11vnc actually?

Really, the proper and efficient way would be to make the Xorg setup
with the dummy driver just properly allocate a VT to get keyboard
processing going on normally. That's what you'd want some engineer to
spend time on.

Samuel