Multiplexing general windows similar to terminator

Mihai Darius mihai_darius22 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 06:48:00 UTC 2017

Hello again and a happy new year!
I've been looking a bit into both of them and honestly fluxbox just does not really seem to be what I'm looking for.i3wm on the other hand is very similar to what I want to implement, but seems to abandon windows altogether and stretch the overall image to the entire screen.My idea was that the end result should be multiple windows in the same tile, but the tile itself would be a window, and the way visual studio does it looks nice.
That being said, this is supposed to be an university project and will have to be done in a rather short time (around 2-2.5 months of "full time" work) andfailing to get a result in time is not really an option. The more important question would be if there's any chance of creating a working (hopefully decent) wmin such a short time considering my knowledge in wm programming is lacking at best (overall programming is decent with some kernel knowledge).
Hopefully the last part did not make anyone angry and some feedback on the matter can be provided.
Thanks in advance,Darius