Multiplexing general windows similar to terminator

Timo Paulssen timo+xorg at wakelift.de
Fri Jan 6 18:06:31 UTC 2017

Hi Darius,

i3wm still gives you windows, but I think the word you are looking for
is "floating". i3 offers floating window support that is automatically
used for things like "save as" dialogs and such, see [1] for the entry
in the guide that also tells you what key combination you can use to
toggle any window floating or tiled.

I'm still convinced that fluxbox can be what you need, so maybe you just
didn't see this page [2] on the website that has screenshots of what I mean?

[^1] https://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#_floating
[^2] http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/features/tabs.php

Hope that helps!
  - Timo