Remote OpenGL

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu May 26 22:56:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-05-26 at 09:14 +0200, Laurent Lamalle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just discovered, through the x11-users at lists.apple.com mailing
> list, that Xorg deprecated some software component (IGLX?) necessary for
> remote OpenGL viewing.

As I just said:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2016-May/058072.html

Another awkward thing about this, I suppose, is that on OSX the X server
is started implicitly on demand and there's no reasonable way to configure
things like command line options. And, that there's no direct rendering
support to be had on OSX. So we could probably reasonably change those
defaults for that platform, since the opportunity for privilege escalation
is lower as X11.app runs unprivileged.

- ajax