Remote OpenGL

Laurent Lamalle Laurent.Lamalle at ujf-grenoble.fr
Thu May 26 07:14:57 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have just discovered, through the x11-users at lists.apple.com mailing list, that Xorg deprecated some software component (IGLX?) necessary for remote OpenGL viewing. Such mode of operation, using a client desktop/workstation to connect to remote powerful HPC workstations or clusters, with graphic rendering on the client, is widely widespread in the scientific community. I use it intensively daily, using OS X and Linux clients and servers. Losing this functionality would be dramatic to me and many colleagues I know, and to the scientific community.

Please do not break this!
Thank you in advance, and retrospectively for the nice tools I have been using for long.

Best regards,

Laurent Lamalle

Laurent LAMALLE
Ingénieur de Recherche INSERM

IRMaGe — Inserm US 17 / CNRS UMS 3552
RMN biomédicale et Neurosciences, SFR de l'Université Joseph Fourier — Grenoble I

Unité IRM 3T - Recherche
CHU de Grenoble
CS 10217
38043 Grenoble Cedex 9