softimage_opensuse_XGetRequest

egunther at warwick.net egunther at warwick.net
Sun Jan 27 06:53:26 PST 2013

Hello,

Thank You very much for the reply.  Unfortunately I am kind of stumbling
in the dark here and so tried what I 'got' or thought might work.  What I
interpreted you to mean was that I 'could' copy another file, which in
this case needed to be 64, because both the software and the OS are 64.

I copied libXext.so.6 from /usr/lib64/

/usr/Softimage/Softimage_2011/Application/bin/

and X froze/crashed.

Now my OpenSuSE is messed up.

BUT!

I made some progress, i am stuck with a console, but I just wanted to get
back to you for the help.
So am using xp.

I Did try to rm the newly copied libXext.so.6 from the

/usr/Softimage/Softimage_2011/Application/bin

directory, but nothing appeared to change.

     Otherwise it appeared from what you had said that I would need
to find a version of libX11 that would include that ?compile flag?,  or
had used that option to compile.  That didn't seem like I could  follow
that through.

     I have asked on the OpenSuSE mailing list, and got a response to
the same or similar issue that I should:

"
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/Softimage/Softimage_2011/Application/bin:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

run your application

unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
"

Which I tried, and also tried to do that before installing softimage, but
same problem.

Thanks,

-e