How to determine if accelerated Xrender is being used?

Tim Stowell stowellt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:20:40 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm currently running Firefox 3.6 under xFreebsd and Xorg and when I resize
the browser window redraw is slow, I suspect that accelerated XRender isn't
being used, but I have the binary Nvidia blob installed and I've confirmed
direct rendering is enabled via glxinfo and glxgears. I know Firefox uses
Cairo and Cairo should be using the XRender backend. I've confirmed that
when Cairo is built from source the configure script says XRender is being
enabled.

Also I've added the "RenderAccel" "true" option in xorg.conf, but even if I
set that to "false" performance seems the same either way. Is there any way
of logging drawing calls or some other way to determine what is happening?
Thanks