Issues with 2nd display being treated as primary (when not plugged in)

Philipp Hagemeister phihag at phihag.de
Mon Jan 24 01:05:34 PST 2011

With a modern X, you should be able to leave the xorg.conf basically
empty. Is there a reason why you populated it?

Additionally, while I'm certainly no X expert, the
Option "Enable" "true"
lines seem suspect. Why do you need to turn on a monitor that's not
connected? Also note that for LVDS1, the "Primary" option is ignored
(line 432) and "Enable" is superfluous anyway. You can configure
multi-monitor stuff with xrandr nowadays.

Feel free to drop me your Skype, Jabber, or icq ID if you need
additional clarification (Disclaimer: I'm not an X developer, just a
user and administrator). This mailing list is fine too though.

Regards,

Philipp