How to set Background Image on X

vishnu jagadish vishnu26jagadish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 04:20:27 PDT 2011

Hi All,

We successfully ported Angstrom on Devkit8000 with Kernel
Linux-2.6.37-rc2-ge53beac. After booting up we have a white background in
X-screen. I want to set a background image for the X-screen. Is it
possible??

I tried with feh ( a fast and light Imlib2-based image viewer). I compiled
and put feh-1.14.2 and imlib2-1.4.4. feh is having background setting
option. But when running feh it throwing error as shown below. Please help
me resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance.

*# feh --bg-scale photos/photo0056.jpg
*
*feh WARNING: photos/photo0056.jpg - No Imlib2 loader for that file format
feh ERROR: Couldn't load image in order to set bg*
*
*Thanks and Regards
VishnuJagadish*
*