xorg can't load qxl driver

Robert Thompson xorg at robsfreespace.com
Wed Jun 9 14:43:05 PDT 2010

(Am subscribed to list so no need for specific Cc).

I was sleeping while these were asked and answered it seems but I see
Liang didn't clear up "Debian Unstable" question for you:

He does not mean that he thinks the driver is unstable, to the best of
my knowledge Ubuntu is derived from what is referred to as Debian
unstable because that is the Debian development stream. Debian release
infrequently but as brilliantly as they can, Canonical release
frequently and also as brilliantly as they can manage from their own
edits to what Debian release in their "unstable" stream.

Regardless of having VGA working (didn't spot you saying so), I still
think you are better off starting from scratch with instructions that
actually belong to Ubuntu.