xorg can't load qxl driver

Liang Guo bluestonechina at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:19:42 PDT 2010

2010/6/10 Brian Milliron <brianm at io.com>

> Thanks Robert, that is good info on spice, but not particularly relevant
> to my problems with qxl.  They don't discuss qxl drivers at all on that
> wiki and I already have spice working with vga drivers, just not qxl.
> Maybe you can help me with the 2 puzzles Liang left behind?
>
> 1) This git link: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-
> qxl/commit/?id=563f31ad081038ece8b5a5b525dd516fcd6ad0fd
>
> Unfortunately I'm too green to know what to do with this.  The gzip
> archive contains some source files but no make or configure files.  Do I
> overwrite the previous source files with the new git source files and
> use the old configure and make files?

if you don't know how to apply a patch, you may just delete following line
in src/qxl_driver.c line 1234, then recompile it

    assert (((struct qxl_mode *)p->Private)->x_res == p->HDisplay);
    assert (((struct qxl_mode *)p->Private)->y_res == p->VDisplay);

> 2) His statement that "QXL Driver is included in debian unstable, you
> may build it for you ubuntu."
>
> Does he mean these drivers are unstable?
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/driver/xf86-video-
qxl-0.0.12.tar.gz
> Because those are the ones I currently have installed.
> I tried using the ones he linked to here:
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-
> qxl/xserver-xorg-video-qxl_0.0.12-1.dsc
> But they require xserver-xorg-dev version 1.7.6.901 which I don't know
> where to get.
you have not install xserver-xorg-dev, so you may not compile the dpkg
package.  if the first methord works, please forgot this one.

Thanks,
--
Liang Guo
http://bluestone.cublog.cn