Xorg crashes...

Ryan Daly daly at ctc.com
Mon Jan 18 12:17:55 PST 2010

On 01/11/2010 09:16 AM, Tom Cowell wrote:
> Yes, that's what I meant. I suppose the action of strace (and
> valgrind, probably) will slow things down, so maybe the "timeout"
> messages can be taken at face value, and maybe there is a timeout that
> can be increased so that the strace/valgrind of startx as root can be
> made to work.
>
> I'll look in man pages and let you know if I find anything.

I was able to start Xorg w/ 'startx' as root.  I'm writing trace files
out, so as soon as I get it to exit on me, I'll look through and see
what's left.

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392