Xorg crashes...

Tom Cowell t.a.cowell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 06:16:36 PST 2010

2010/1/11 Ryan Daly <daly at ctc.com>:
> On 01/11/2010 09:00 AM, Tom Cowell wrote:
>> Does it work as root if you run it without strace or valgrind?
>>
>> Can you tell I'm getting out of my depth?
>
> startx works as root if that's what you mean...

Yes, that's what I meant. I suppose the action of strace (and
valgrind, probably) will slow things down, so maybe the "timeout"
messages can be taken at face value, and maybe there is a timeout that
can be increased so that the strace/valgrind of startx as root can be
made to work.

I'll look in man pages and let you know if I find anything.

Cheers
Tom