evdev+hal => Too many input devices.

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Mon Jul 6 13:08:50 PDT 2009

Dnia poniedziałek, 6 lipca 2009, Peter Hutterer napisał:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 09:26:06AM +0200, Łukasz Maśko wrote:
> > Dnia poniedziałek, 6 lipca 2009, Peter Hutterer napisał:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Please attach the whole log, this snippet is not really useful for
> > > finding the root of the problem.
> >
> > Here it is.
>
> urgh, not as zip file please. Always attach files to bugreports or
> mailinglists uncompressed - the harder you make it for someone to look at
> the file the lower the chances that someone does.

Sorry, but the log file after 14 days has >200KB, therefore I didn't attach
it to my mail uncompressed.

> if the file is really as long as you claim, check for add/remove devices.

There is nothing suspicious in the part before the logs, that I've written
about yesterday. Besides, everything had worked till then.

> I remember a bluetooth bug where devices never get removed, so each time
> the mouse connected it would be added as new device - with the old one
> still staying there.

Everytime I hibernate, I stop the bluetooth susbsystem and unload USB
modules - required by tuxonice. So it would have been be strange, if the
counter was increased and not reseted while subsystem restart.
If I come accross this problem again I'll check, if the mouse stops working
under console.
--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\