Intel Graphics package and patch requirments

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Sat Jan 31 06:38:09 PST 2009

Vasily Khoruzhick wrote on Monday, January 26, 2009 2:57 AM:
> On 25 January 2009 20:47:13 Halim Issa wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to follow Intel Graphics Drivers, among others by
>> watching http://intellinuxgraphics.org/2008Q4.html
>>
>> It would seem that in order to get this to work, one is required to
>> patch both mesa (to run intel's mesa branch, not the standard from
>> freedesktop?) and also patch the kernel.
>>
>> Is there any roadmap or wiki available for when these out-of-tree
>> patches are due for inclusion in mainline linux kernel (2.6.29 ?
>> 2.6.28.nn?) and mainline mesa? So that no patches are needed ?
>>
>> The reason why I ask is that on Intel's download page this solution
>> is listed as the stable and recommended solution for "normal users"
>> (such as myself :-))
>>

>> And finally - is there anywhere a roadmap or todo-list that may show
>> when DisplayPort support might be added to the Intel-drivers?
>>
>> Thanks in advance - any insight or preferably pointers to where this
>> information may be located would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Just want to mention that 2.6.0 is not usable even in 2D on gma950
> with gem/uxa (with exa it's slow in 3D);

It's not surprising that uxa is not stable in 2.6.0 -- it's not the default setting. (we hope uxa would be stabilized in next release)

But did you file bugs for your uxa issues? I only see you've filed bug#19738 for the exa performance issue.

I didn't see this issue. Could you file a bug, according to http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html?

> So, IMO, it's unfair to call 2008Q4 release "stable" and "recommended
> to ordinary users/OSVs", at least for gma950 users.
>
> Regards
> Vasily

Thanks for your testing.

Gordon