glxinfo fails after installing latest Intel driver (2.6.1)

Joe Smith stopads at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 19:35:02 PST 2009

FYI: for this problem, I'm using the latest "tagged" xserver (1.5.99.901) because I couldn't get the latest to compile (see my other post).  http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org says I should be using xserver 1.6.  I would if I could!

Background:

I hacked together an improved(?) install script based on the script found at http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/git.  It's attached so these results can be repeated.  (Sorry, I'm still learning bash)

I also downloaded the latest "tagged" release of everything via Firefox, since I haven't figured out how to tell git to do it (b/c cloning the latest repository version is often too unstable).  I've attached a source listing so you can see the versions I used for this run.

The install script is invoked the same as expected: init, then build.  I am redirecting all output to two files, named init and build, of course.  These are attached, but everything looks good.

Problem:

When I run glxinfo (with and without the verbose flag), I get:

[root at xyz Download]# LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  135 (DRI2)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  16

<end of output>

Has any one else seen this before?  Hopefully the attached script will allow others to reproduce this error.  I have also attached my Xorg.0.log and my xorg.conf.  The log file looks normal (DRI2 is configured).

My system:

I'm running the 2.6.28 kernel from drm-intel-2.6.28-20090112.tar.bz2, which I downloaded from http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org.  I have Fedora 10 (up to date), and an Intel GME965 chipset.

Thanks.