Fedora 10: Trouble installing libdrm (2.4.4) for latest Intel driver (2.6)

Joe Smith stopads at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 13:57:08 PST 2009

> I tried starting X
> > anyway, but the keyboard and mouse where unresponsive.
>
> For the keyboard/mouse issues, you'd probably have to
> attach an
> Xorg.log. Did you build the evdev input driver against the
> new
> xserver?
>
> --
> Dan

PART 1:

Thanks, the evdev driver was the problem.  I built 2.1.1 against the new xserver.  I noticed in the log that fbdev and vesa weren't found either, so I built 0.4.0 and 2.1.0, respectively.

That cleaned it up for the most part, but I'm still getting some errors that I don't think are normal (here's one example):

(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /opt/gfx-test/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev
(EE) XKB: No components provided for device Video Bus

I've attached my log file.  Am I supposed to have a "rules file" for evdev?

---------
PART 2:

I installed system-config-display to generate a xorg.conf.  I added the UXA option for DRI2 (my xorg.conf is attached).  Then I tried out glxinfo (and glxgears).  They don't work:

[root at xyz ~]# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  135 (DRI2)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  16

In case the new glxinfo is different, I called it directly, like this: /opt/gfx-test/bin/glxinfo.  Same result.

Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for the help so far.