Input transformations: Compiz

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jan 20 18:22:29 PST 2009

Hi Bipin,

   > A follow-up question - I was looking at the zoom plug-in/plug-in
   > core in compiz 0.7.8 code
   > (http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/intrepid/compiz) and expected to
   > find calls to the Triangle Mesh, RedirectCoordinate APIs introduced
   > by David; but did not find any.

I don't think David's mesh coordinate API work is in upstream Xorg,
which means upstream compiz can't rely on it.  The patches need rework
before being included, as far as I know, so we're blocked on that.

The current method for using this work is to patch your X server with
the mesh transforms work, and then patch your compiz with Sebastian's
code to take advantage of the new API in libXcomposite.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>