Input transformations: Compiz

Bipin George Mathew bipingm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:57:48 PST 2009

Given that the upstream compiz does not use David's APIs, how is the
zoom plugin able to translate the co-ordinates for ButtonPress?

While looking at the compiz code, I did find XGrabButton was called on
each window created to intercept the events; but I was expecting an
XSendEvent with the ButtonPressMask to be called with the transformed
co-ordinates- which I not find. Also, I read on the mailinglist that
clients can ignore synth events of XSendEvent.
Any pointers on how this translation is done?

Bipin