Why do I need mouse acceleration to move windows and click buttons?

Dirk noisyb at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 08:44:52 PST 2009

Hello,

Why is it impossible to permanently disable Mouse acceleration?

I run xorg with KDE, Gnome and fvwm1... and use xset to disable it but
the Mouse acceleration gets enabled again and again by some process...
Not just on my machine...

This turns Linux into a lousy choice for competetive gaming.

Do I really have to compile xorg myself to make sure mouse acceleration
is disabled and STAYS disabled?

Why do I need Mouse acceleration to move windows and click buttons anyways?

I would really like to have an option in xorg.conf that would disable
this permanently(!)...

Thanks,
Dirk