Ximage's byte_order field

McDonald, Michael-p7438c Michael.McDonald at gdc4s.com
Wed Feb 25 10:11:35 PST 2009

  It's a shared memory area generated by a COTS software package. As
such, we can't modify its byte-order. There may be multiple copies of
this package running at the same time, each with its own "virtual
framebuffer". We want to display all of these vfbs on a real display
that's running X with the Intel driver.

Brute force copying the vfbs using XPutImage() is the only method we've
come up with for displaying the vfbs. But that required us to make a
copy of the source vfbs with the byte-order fixed. By setting the
byte_order field of the _Ximage structure, we hope we can eliminate the
intermediate copy of the vfbs.

Mike McDonald
GDC4S/FCS/PVM/SDC