How to implement alternate zap key idea

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:02:07 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Corbin Simpson
<mostawesomedude at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or, to put it another way, distros should default to "DontZap", except
> for Gentoo. :3

I've had to use ctrl+alt+backspace fairly often in the past due to
buggy window managers. (I'm looking at you, Enlightenment.)

Or due to Gnome or KDE getting halfway through loading a desktop over
NFS, then locking up when when the network does something weird. >_<

Or when I'm browsing Slashdot, accidentally click a GNAA link, and a
bunch of shock images start dancing on my screen ... while I'm in
public. (NoScript for Firefox is a good thing!)

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu
Vice President, Cal Poly Linux Users' Group
http://www.cplug.org