How to implement alternate zap key idea (was: Re: Poll: Should Xorg change from using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to something harder for users to press by accident?)

mcr at simtone.net mcr at simtone.net
Wed Sep 24 08:50:13 PDT 2008

    Jason> As for the Ctrl+K+X idea (which I don't know is as safe;
    Jason> 2. is it possible that

In emacs:
    C-x k runs `kill-buffer'

a common occurance.
    C-x C-k runs `edit-kbd-macro'

I've often wound up running the second one my mistake because I type
fast. I could easily see not pulling the finger off the X key fast
enough.

So, no key combination really works for everyone, so having a nice way
to change it would be great.  Or convince distros that DontZAP is the
way to go.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr at simtone.net>
Director -- Consumer Desktop Development, Simtone Corporation, Ottawa, Canada

SIMtone Corporation fundamentally transforms computing into simple,
secure, and very low-cost network-provisioned services pervasively
accessible by everyone.  Learn more at www.simtone.net and www.SIMtoneVDU.com