Tablet with evdev driver

Andrej Gelenberg andrej.gelenberg at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 16 09:16:42 PDT 2008

Hi,

i have one G-Pen 340 Pen Tablet. It report as evdev. I wrote small test
program and i known now, than X-Axis have code 0x2 and Y-Axis have code
0x3. My question is, how can i remap XYZ-Axis?

I have tried this xorg.config:
Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "gpen"
         Driver      "evdev"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event6"
         Option "Mode" "absolute"
         Option "XAbsoluteAxisMap" "2"
         Option "YAbsoluteAxisMap" "3"
EndSection

/var/log/Xorg.0.log:
(**) gpen: always reports core events
(II) gpen: Found 5 absolute axes.
(II) gpen: Configuring as pointer.
(II) gpen: Found 4 relative axes.
(II) gpen: Configuring as pointer.
(EE) gpen: Unable to parse 'RelAxis 0' as a map specifier.
(EE) gpen: Unable to parse 'RelAxis 1' as a map specifier.
(EE) gpen: Unable to parse 'RelAxis 3' as a map specifier.
(**) gpen: Configuring 5 absolute axes.
(II) gpen: Checking button DIGI_STYLUS (74)
(II) gpen: Checking bit 330
(EE) gpen: Button: 74.
(EE) gpen: state->btn: 0x8906a0.
(EE) gpen: Unable to parse 'null' as a map specifier string.
(EE) gpen: Unable to parse 'null' as a map specifier string.
(EE) gpen: Unable to parse 'null' as a map specifier string.
(II) gpen: Found 10 mouse buttons
(II) gpen: Configured 18 mouse buttons.
(II) evaluating device (gpen)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "gpen" (type: MOUSE)

Andrej