http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/git updated

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Tue Mar 11 08:58:41 PDT 2008

On Monday, March 10, 2008 2:02 am Thomas Fritzsche wrote:
> Hi Jesse,
>
> thanks for the x.org wiki-page.
> The other day I also tried to follow-up on the krh's blog, but as you
> mentioned, all this proto & libs really send me in a dependency hell.
> I like to build git x-server (intel), but with latest Ubuntu (7.10).
> It looked like I need to compile a larger sub-set of the X module
> tree. (Ubuntu headers too old :-( )
>
> I tried some the scripts downloading the complete module tree, but
> always got stuck with some errors (missing dependencies or program
> error in exotic driver etc.).
>
> What would be really cool, is to have  a shell scrip that just selects
> modules really needed and that are (hopefully) more or less stable.
> Maybe even a script taking care about Mesa and DRI as well.
>
> I'm sure, a lot of guys like to test git, but just get stuck.

Yeah, that might be handy.  You'd need to go through the list of required
modules from the X server's configure.ac and make a script to download all
the required git trees.  Please add whatever info you find to the page if you
end up finding time to do this (jg already added a few more notes, maybe
those will help you too).

Thanks,
Jesse