proper component hdtv output intel driver

noromamai noromamai at saikoutokuten.net
Fri Mar 7 12:50:33 PST 2008

this doesn't really seem like the right place for my problem, but the
intellinuxgraphics.org website referred to here, so here goes:

for the past week i have been trying to get this new mini media pc to work,
but am not having much luck. i am trying to get proper HDTV output from the
component connectors in 720p.

using the following hardware:
Commell LV-679, it has integrated Intel graphics, it has the GM965 chipset
using X3100 (it has VGA, LVDS, HDTV/SDTV and Dual DVI). it's connected to a
Sony VPL-HS60 projector that's supposed to be able to go up to 1024x720 at
60Hz.
when the BIOS is not set to use TV at boot, i can't even get any signal out
of the box (i.e. can't use xrandr to turn on the TV-Out). when it is set to
use at boot, xrandr reports the highest mode is 1024x768 at 30Hz. if i add
"TV Format" "720p at 50Hz" in the xorg.conf file (i've read it's not used, but
then again it sneakily is) xrandr reports it will only go up to 800x600.
If i set any modelines for monitor-TV, component out won't work and xrandr
will report that TV has no modes.

Perhaps there is a simple answer like: the X3100 doesn't support 720p over
component... or something like that. but if someone can give a bit of info on
this, a nudge in the right direction, i'd appreciate it.

If there isn't a simple answer, let me know what more info is needed to solve
this (that is, if this is the right place for my problem).

noromamai

--
:: Saikou Tokuten :: http://www.saikoutokuten.net