how to disable gathering Display dimensions in xorg 7.3

Alek Uritsky auritsky at enqii.com
Fri Mar 7 12:53:57 PST 2008

Hello,

I have upgraded to Fedora 8 and now xorg is automatically adjusting fonts which results in the small fonts on my GUI program when played on big display. I tracked this down to the xorg using build in ddc to automatically extract display information from the display. Is it possible to disable this activity of xorg, or what would be the workaround to retain the normal size of fonts? (this problem does not exist on Fedora 6 with xorg 7.1. Disabling DDC option in xorg.conf solves the problem but I need this option to deal with different monitors, and using Displaysize does not help)

thanx

alek