[xinput] coordinate system of root_x/y

Thomas Jaeger thjaeger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 09:43:58 PDT 2008

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.  The the xserver package that comes with
ubuntu hardy (they call it 2:1.4.1~git20080131-1ubuntu9.2, fwiw)
contains a backport of the scaling bug fix, but root_x/y are reported in
screen coordinates.

Anyway, the master behavior is definitely the right one since it seems
very difficult to reliably transform device coordinates into screen
coordinates.  My issue here is that the wacom driver doesn't generate
ChangeDeviceNotify or DevicePresence events when the device is rotated
(btw, which would be the right one?), so it's hard to detect a change in
the valuators' min_value/max_value.

Thanks,
Tom