[xinput] coordinate system of root_x/y

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Jul 27 02:13:27 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 02:27:45AM -0400, Thomas Jaeger wrote:
> The coordinates of xinput button events are reported in screen
> coordinates in master and in previous xorg versions, but in device
> coordinates in the server-1.5 branch, which seems wrong.  A (trivial)
> fix is attached.

IIRC, the specs are a ambiguous about that, so we have to be careful here.

master reports in screen coordinates because that is a deliberate design
decision of XI 2. Ignore master for this issue.

server 1.4.0 reported in screen coordinates because of the input coordinate
scaling bug, but this is fixed in 1.4.1.
server 1.5 has the same code, so should report the same as 1.4.1.

I don't actually know what 1.3 and before did. Anyone has a 1.3 server
running?

Cheers,
  Peter