MacBook Intel GMA950 w/ Dell 2407WFP - resolution problem

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:40:11 PST 2008

Ok found something that will interest everyone. Using the latest git tree.

If I have my Samsung 243T plugged in when X starts then it detects it
just fine. Does 1920x1200 without issue. Great!

But, lets say I boot my laptop into X without the Samsung 243T
connected. Then it does not detect it correct when it is hotplugged
into the laptop. I basically have been doing this the whole time.

Joseph can you possibly try this scenerio? Booting your machine with
one monitor and then plug hot plugging your 1920x1200 monitor when X
is already running.

This is getting interesting. Big thanks for answering my question
Joseph. I'll get the bugzilla up soon... I'm slowly boiling down the
details.