Suggestions for properly abstracting multiple screens.

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:53:52 PST 2008

>  x -> middleware - device.
>
>  instead of designing middleware at "per gpu" level
>  design it as "per crtc" level.
>
>  expose the crtcs as virtual device to X,
>  middleware must handle/interpret gpu specific stuff.
>
>  then my original question may be approached keeping the above semantics in mind.

So you aren't talking about the vga arbitration after all that? wow
you might notice semantics matter in conversation when discussing
specific technologies..

So yes kernel drivers with the upcoming DRM design can solve world
hunger and stuff..

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DRMRedesign

has a pretty picture...

Dave.