Suggestions for properly abstracting multiple screens.

JoJo jojo onetwojojo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:43:47 PST 2008

semantics !, lets replace the term arbitrator with "middleware" (is it needed?)

x -> middleware - device.

instead of designing middleware at "per gpu" level
design it as "per crtc" level.

expose the crtcs as virtual device to X,
middleware must handle/interpret gpu specific stuff.

then my original question may be approached keeping the above semantics in mind.

-JoJo