lirc + xorg

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Apr 20 15:58:03 PDT 2008

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to set up lirc to only send to
one X session?

lirc <http://www.lirc.org> is a way to send infrared remote keystrokes
to applications.  Some time ago I wrote a small patch to kbdd
<http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/kbdd> that lets me inject button
pushes on an IR remote into the /dev/input/uinput system as keyboard events.

Now I'd like to send those keyboard events to only one X session, not
all of them.  Is there some way to set up more than one uinput queue and
tie it to an x session?

Thanks,

--Yan

--