Getting widescreen resolution on my widescreen LCD tv

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Apr 16 11:34:52 PDT 2008

On 2008/04/16 13:18 (GMT-0500) Arthur Pemberton apparently typed:

> All suggestions, save for getting another card, have failed.

> I have tried several combinations, here is the last attempt I made
> along with the associated log, the tv throws me to 1024x768 on that
> last attempt. Other attempts throught me to either 1280x768 or "NO
> SUPPORT"

> http://pembo13.com/pub/Xorg.0.log.1360
> http://pembo13.com/pub/xorg.conf.1360

> So I am currently in 1024x768

Try burning a Knoppix DVD or CD, or a live CD of some other distro like SUSE,
Mandriva or Ubuntu, and boot it to see if it does better than CentOS5.
--
"Either the constitution controls the judges, or the
judges rewrite the constitution." Judge Robert Bork

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/