ANN: xterm patch #225
dickey at radix.net
Sat Mar 24 10:36:17 PDT 2007
Patch #225 - 2007/3/24
* add useClipping resource to allow clipping to be disabled.
* use XftDrawSetClipRectangles to work around Xft pixel-trash
(report by Reuben Thomas).
* add configure option --enable-tcap-fkeys, and resource
tcapFunctionKeys, which can be used to tell xterm to use
function-key definitions from the termcap (or terminfo) which it
uses to set $TERM on startup.
* add resources altIsNotMeta and altSendsEscape to allow one to use
Alt-keys like the meta-key even if they are bound to different
keycodes (prompted by discussion with Daniel Jacobowitz).
* revert a change from patch #216 that unnecessarily made the
meta modifier override the eightBitInput resource if the alt- and
meta-modifiers happened to overlap (report/patch by Daniel
* correct associated font for active icon for colored text (broken
in patch #224).
* correct ifdef's for Darwin (patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* add highlightTextColor resource, and options -selfg, -selbg like
xwsh (adapted from patch by Victor Vaile).
* revise find_closest_color() function to address concern about
borrowing from Tcl/Tk (request by Dan McNichol).
* add "spawn-new-terminal" action, which can be assigned to key
translation, allowing one to spawn a new copy of xterm using the
current process' working directory (adapted from patch by Daniel
* improve select/paste between UTF-8 and Latin1 xterms by adapting
the translations from patch #185. Extend that to include
Unicode fullwidth forms FF00-FF5E. Also modify select/paste of DEC
line-drawing characters in Latin1 mode to use ASCII characters.
* add "Enable Bell Urgency" to VT Options menu, removed "Enable
* add bellIsUrgent resource to control whether the Urgency hint is
* modify to set Urgency window manager hint on bell, reset it on
Focus-In event (patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* add --disable-setgid configure option (request by Miroslav
* fix a possible infinite loop in last change to dabbrev-expand()
(patch by Emanuele Giaquinta).
* modify initialization to set the pty erase value if the erase is
set in the ttyModes resource. This overrides the ptyInitialErase
setting (request by Lluis Batlle i Rossell).
* add initialFont resource to xterm widget, like tek-widget (Debian
* amend change to boldMode from patch #223 for Debian #347790.
As noted in Debian #412599, that made xterm no longer match the
documented behavior. Add new resource alwaysBoldMode to allow
overriding the comparison between normal/bold fonts when deciding
whether to use overstriking to simulate bold fonts.
* restore background color in ClearCurBackground(), omitted in
changes for patch #223 (report by Miroslav Lichvar).
* correct logic for repainting double-width TrueType characters
(prompted by test-case for Novell #246573).
* add a check to avoid trying to repeat a multibyte character
(report by Sami Farin).
* modify parameter to XftNameParse() to select wide face-name as
needed, to make -fd option work (patch by Mike Fabian, Novell
* correct logic for mouse highlight tracking's abort sequence,
broken in a restructuring modification from patch #224
(report by Thomas Wolff).
* revert the simplification of blinking cursor, since that broke the
xor'ing introduced in patch #193 (report by Thomas Wolff).
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg