compiling intel drivers

Drew saphire at tom-servo.net
Tue Mar 20 13:53:59 PDT 2007

Hey,

I'm new to the list.  So I was trying to comile the xf86-video-intel
drivers for my xorg 7.1 installation and I keep getting this error message:
./configure: line 20724: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
./configure: line 20724: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'

I saw on another post that it might have something to do with the
xinerama.pc
xineramaproto.pc
files.  I'm running ubuntu edgy and my chipset is as follows:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02)
Not sure what to send.