Videos using xv are too wide

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Mon Jun 11 03:19:51 PDT 2007

> My laptop's wide screen display has an aspect ratio of 1.6:1
> (1280/800).  When I play a video using xv output, the video window is
> too wide.  As an example, a video that should display at a 4:3 aspect
> ratio in fact plays at a 1.6:1 ratio.  This happens when mplayer uses
> xv, opengl, or opengl with multiple textures as the output method.
> However the video plays as expected with x11 output.  Do you think
> this is a driver issue or a mplayer issue?

 MPlayer was setting the aspect ratio to 4/3 if monitorpixelaspect is
not set. It was fixed about 2 months ago in svn.

 You should try with -monitorpixelaspect 1 and see if the problem still
occures.

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens