Videos using xv are too wide

Ioannis Nousias s0238762 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 01:58:36 PDT 2007

I used to have the same problem with an nvidia card and the binary
drivers. Mplayer didn't respect the aspect ratio, while vlc did. I had
lots of changes on my setup, including both the X server and mplayer, so
I can't really tell what made it go away. Try the latest mplayer from
svn and she if that helps.

-Ioannis