[i810/modesetting] sDVO issue at 1680x1050 and a side issue

Tristan Willy tristan.willy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:40:16 PST 2007

  First off, thank you Intel for providing and supporting open source
drivers. It was a major deciding factor in building my new system.

  I've been using the modesetting branch of xf86-video-intel and I've
ran into a problem with my DVI output and my Samsung SyncMaster 205BW.
I tried to setup 1680x1050 at 60hz but my monitor gets confused and says
it's getting a 1736x1050 at 60hz signal. In this mode I see a black bar
on the right side of my screen. Analog output seems to work fine with
1680x1050 at 60hz.

  I've attached my Xorg log. I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 with the
modesetting i810 driver up to commit c288a...a419 (previous versions
exhibited the same behavior described). I have a cvs build of Mesa but
I'm unsure of how recent it is.

  I also have a side issue of tearing with xv and mplayer. I've tried
a few mplayer options but nothing seems to help. Is this a known
issue?

--
- Tristan -