i810, mergedfb and lid switch and acpi video

emisca emisca.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 12:07:02 PST 2007

I have an hp nx7400 notebook with intel 945gma. The lid switch
normally toggles (using acpi video module) internal display and
external display.
It works like a charm, unless using mergedfb. I have not tried with
dual screen or dual screen + xinerama because I was affected by the
bug fixed (probably, I've not tested it) by 1.7.4 version of the
driver.
Using mergedfb, if I press the lid switch or close the screen, the
display gets corrupted and I have to reinit the card switching to a
virtual console and returning back to X.

Is there a way to disable the switching behaviour of the acpi code? I
was able to disable completely the switch unloading the acpi video
module, but it's not the right way....

Bye