i810 modesetting dist fixes

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 1 11:48:29 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 15:26 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to build packages of the modesetting/xrandr 1.2 code from
> git to test it on my ThinkPad X60, and hit a problem with the
> modesetting branch of the i810 driver.
>
> Attached is a patch that:
> 1) adds some missing files to Makefile.am so make dist works

Thanks!

> 2) includes i830.h in i830_xf86Crtc.c so that it builds against older X
> servers (currently I don't have xserver 7.2 built)

This "shouldn't" be necessary; the eventual goal is to make
i830_xf86Crtc.c part of xfree86/common. Can you explain what is broken
here?

> 3) adds includes for math.h, string.h and so on as required to stop
> warnings about undefined free(), fabs(), etc.

calls to 'free' are not valid in X server code; those are just bugs. I'm
not getting any missing prototypes though, what are you building on?

> If it is preferred I can push my local git tree, but the changes are so
> trivial it didn't seem worth it.

Thanks for giving it a try and finding bugs; we're always happy to
review patches posted to the list too.

keith.packard at intel.com