Major stability issues with xf86-video-intel 2.2.0 when using Xv

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Thu Dec 20 19:27:06 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 02:01 +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 01:51 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > Hi Sergio, do you mean that, when using git for everything, you have a
> > consistently successful suspend/resume on an intel 855 chip?
>
> No, I mean when we talking about: "Major stability issues with
> xf86-video-intel 2.2.0" , we should talk about compile video-drv with
> stable branch of xserver.
> and I mean if you are trying xserver from git, you need many thing from
> gits like Mesa and drm.

Ah OK.  I'm using mostly-stable versions too (apart from specific
commits cherry-picked from git), so we're doing the same thing there.
For me mesa is way too scary to build straight from git ;)

> About suspend/resume,I don't need a new drm or libdrm.  I had some
> problem with kernel-2.6.22 that was fix on 2.6.23, but with 2.6.23 I had
> a regression on black-light.
> - hibernation works well.
> - suspend to ram, after resume, I had to go to console (ctrl+alt+F1) and
> return to X (ctrl+alt+F7), to get back the screen.

I haven't checked the backlight in detail so I don't know about that.
Hibernation (S4 suspend-to-disk) works flawlessly for me too.

S3 suspend-to-ram is the one I have problems with, going to console and
back does not fix it for me.

> My laptop is one hp-compaq nx6110, what is yours ?

Mine is an IBM R51 Thinkpad with Intel(R) 855GME.

Drew