Major stability issues with xf86-video-intel 2.2.0 when using Xv

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Thu Dec 20 18:01:44 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 01:51 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Hi Sergio, do you mean that, when using git for everything, you have a
> consistently successful suspend/resume on an intel 855 chip?

No, I mean when we talking about: "Major stability issues with
xf86-video-intel 2.2.0" , we should talk about compile video-drv with
stable branch of xserver.
and I mean if you are trying xserver from git, you need many thing from
gits like Mesa and drm.

About suspend/resume,I don't need a new drm or libdrm.  I had some
problem with kernel-2.6.22 that was fix on 2.6.23, but with 2.6.23 I had
a regression on black-light.
- hibernation works well.
- suspend to ram, after resume, I had to go to console (ctrl+alt+F1) and
return to X (ctrl+alt+F7), to get back the screen.

My laptop is one hp-compaq nx6110, what is yours ?

Regards,
--
Sérgio M.B.