VGA arbiter: removing RAC

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Wed Dec 19 18:14:51 PST 2007

Hi Luc,

Luc Verhaegen escreveu:
> How compatible is this module? Against which kernels is it known to
> build and work?

Currently the arbiter itself is a module and I'm building it using Linux
2.6.22.7. As I said in other email, the idea now is to see how DRI will
fit when the arbiter is active. Probably some hang ups will occur due
interruption things. After this, we'll post into lkml for a review of
the people there. For now you can see the code here:

     git-clone http://www.inf.ufpr.br/ribas/repos/vga-module.git

> How hard is it to switch between this and RAC when the X server is
> started? At least for the time being. This because i fear that going
> for build time only immediately is too big a leap. After most of the
> initial pain is over, buildtime seems like the way to go.

I can't imagine in the top of my head how we can set a hook telling the
server that we want this or that function when the server is running.
Any hints here?

regards,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre