3d hardware acceleration in 945GM chipset - is there any?

Dan Naughton daniel.naughton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:56:36 PST 2007

It looks like the direct rendering is a problem.    But I'm not sure how to
fix it..  This is a fedora 8 distro with the intel driver 945GM chipset.

$DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect

I added the following to the xorg.conf, even though I saw glx and dri
enabled already in the Xorg.0.log file, but it didn't do anything.

Section "Module"
        Load "dri"
        Load "glx"
EndSection