3d hardware acceleration in 945GM chipset - is there any?

Dan Naughton daniel.naughton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:09:29 PST 2007

I swapped the driver for the i810, but the results were the same.  DRI get's
disabled during startup after it gets loaded.  Not sure what to make of
that.  I've attached by xorg.conf and the log file, but the part that looks
bad is this:

(II) intel(0): depth buffer is tiled
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 11, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 11, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:02.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 11, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 11
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:02.0
(II) [drm] DRM interface version 1.0
(EE) [drm] Could not set DRM device bus ID.   <=== BAD
(EE) intel(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
(II) intel(0): Page Flipping disabled