X installation question

Tue Aug 21 17:25:01 PDT 2007

Michel wrote:
> My question : Do I need to install a complete X ( With my few knowlegdes
> of X, it means that  when  I connect  to  the  server,  I will have
> an user interface with mouse cursor as in a workstation)? or do I only
> have to install X librairies?

you'll need the libraries (lib) on each machine you want to run apps.
you'll need the server (xserver) and the drivers (driver) on the machine
that actually displays stuff. which drivers you actually need depends on
your hardware setup.

you'll need the protocol headers (proto) for both.

there are some other dependencies (extras/xcb for example), you'll find
them as you go :)

Cheers,
   Peter