does "nv" driver support cloned display?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 20 11:20:52 PDT 2007

Does "nv" driver support cloned display?

I have a nvidia card, identified by lspci as:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX
5200] (rev a1)

It has CRT, TV and DVI outputs.

I would like to use cloned display on CRT and DVI - so far, despite
numerous tries, I failed to do so with "nv" driver.

Cloned display works fine with a proprietary "nvidia" driver, but it
gives me headaches on kernel upgrades, so I'd like to avoid it.

I tried adding:

     Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,LFP"
     Option "Clone" "True"

to Section "Monitor" - but still, I have display only on DVI, and
nothing is shown on CRT.

Ideas?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski